Thursday, June 7, 2012

We're here!

Saying goodbye to family
After saying goodbye to people at home, 22 hours of flights and a 13 hour layover in Frankfurt, Germany, and getting sick on our last flight right as we were hitting the ground to land, we finally made it to Harare! I think the feeling is mutual about how much we all love it here. I have yet to take pictures in Zimbabwe but I have a few from Germany. I'm sure I will have more pictures soon. Yesterday, we spent the day getting settled, getting to know a few people here, calling home, and talking over lunch and dinner. Today we went into town and looked at a few of the shops, and had orientation about life in Zimbabwe and all of the orphanages we will be visiting over the next 2 months. We are going to two of the orphanages tomorrow (St. Catherine's and St. Joseph's) so I'm sure I will have more stories to tell soon. Enjoy some of the pictures I have posted for now. I will have more posted on my Facebook so feel free to look at those whenever I get them uploaded.


Almost done with my 1st flight ever

Currency ex-change for the day

One of the cathedrals in Frankfurt
Precious baby monkey at Frankfurt Zoo. We spent about an hour just watching all of the monkeys in the zoo.


This Seal was cracking me up






























That's all for now.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment