Monday, December 5, 2011

The Purpose of this Blog

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45 (NIV)

I recently received my acceptance letter for World Wide Witness. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a missions program at ACU. They send about 80-90 students to different countries across the globe for internships either during the summer or year round. In my case, I will be out of the states for about 8-10 weeks next summer. For the time being, my sights are set on Zimbabwe, Africa. Unless God has someplace different in mind, that is where I will be spending the Summer of 2012. While I am in Zimbabwe, I will be showing God's love to the orphans living there. Most of these orphans live on one meal a day. Having grown up in America, it's hard for me to imagine having so little food. I don't thank God enough for blessing me with the things that I have. I'm excited about this opportunity that God has presented to me and I can't wait to see what He has in store. What a blessing it is to have a God who cares about His children so deeply.

Over the next few months, I will be updating this blog in order to share my thoughts and progression in my Spiritual walk. I will probably post a new blog at least once or twice a month. Once I am in Africa, I will update more frequently about how God is working in Zimbabwe. I ask that you keep the children of Zimbabwe in your prayers. Pray for their well being and spiritual growth. Pray that they are able to feel God's love. I ask that you pray for God to grant me wisdom as I prepare to teach those little ones about Him and how much they are loved. I also ask that you pray that God will provide ways for me to raise the funds I need to go to Zimbabwe. There is so much power in prayer. It's easy to forget that sometimes but Luke 11:9-10 (NIV) says:

So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Blessings to you.

1 comment:

  1. Tara, I love your heart and I am SO EXCITED to see how God both grows you and uses you to minister to His children. You are on the brink of AMAZING experiences as you travel and see what else is there in the world. In America, we tend to have such a limited scope of true suffering. Those orphans are going to fall in love with you. You are a precious gift - so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete